This Privacy Notice explains how Take a Left Productions (“we”, “us” or “our”) handle any personal information about you.
Take a Left Productions is an events promoter and production company based in Guernsey, run by Joshua Black trading as Take a Left Productions, who is the data controller of your personal data and is subject to the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2017.
Details of how to contact us are below.
Take a Left Productions is committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold.
The purpose of this Notice is to give you a clear explanation about how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us, whether online, via phone, email, in letters, in any other correspondence or from third parties.
We ensure that we use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information. When we refer to “personal information” or “personal data” in this Privacy Notice, we mean information that identifies you as an individual, or is capable of doing so.
In the context of this Privacy Notice, the terms “personal information” and “personal data” may be used interchangeably.
This Notice explains:
- What personal information we may collect about you;
- How we might use that information;
- Our legal basis for contacting you and using your personal information;
- Whether we disclose your details to anyone else; and
- Your rights regarding personal information you provide to us.
What information do we collect?
We collect certain information or data about you when you use our website or interact with us directly:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact us;
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our mailing list;
- how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on;
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used;
- information on how you use the site using Google Analytics (more details below); and
- the data you provide us when you sign up to our email mailing list administered by MailChimp.
Using cookies, we may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
The only cookies in use on our site are for Google Analytics (more details below).
How we use your personal information and our legal basis for doing so
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you and to improve the services that we provide. We may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- If you have given consent to join our mailing list and receive regular communications we may periodically send promotional emails about new productions, special offers or other information or productions which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
- To update you with important administrative messages about an event or services or goods you have requested.
- Where you work or volunteer with us, the arrangement or contract.
We will only contact you about our work and how you can support Take a Left Productions by phone, email or text message if you have agreed for us to contact you in this manner and for this purpose.
You can update your choices or stop us sending you these communications at any time by contacting email@example.com or clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the relevant communication.
Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding goods and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
Unless otherwise stated in this Privacy Notice, the legal basis for our use of your personal data will be that this information is required to be processed on the lawful grounds described above.
Do we disclose your details to anyone else?
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information; or
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Take a Left uses the following third-party services, which we do not control:
- We use MailChimp for our mailing list. MailChimp is a US company and has staff based outside the EEA, and stores your data in the US. MailChimp is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. When you sign up to our email alerts, you agree to your data being stored in this way. As a subscriber to our email alerts, we may contact you from time to time to ask for your feedback on how to improve our email alert service. As a data processor on behalf of Take a Left, MailChimp will use your information to send you email alerts if you request them. You can find out more here about how MailChimp collects and stores your information.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so that they can improve it. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site.Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit Google page https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We include some links to third parties on this website, for instance to venues or box office sites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question before sending them any personal data.
When booking through one of those third parties, unless you have provided your explicit consent to that third party for your data to be shared with us, we do not receive personal data identifying bookers.
Your rights regarding personal information you provide to us
Keeping your information safe
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely. Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically; sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
We will never sell or share your personal information with organisations so that they can contact you for any marketing activities, nor do we sell any information about your web browsing activity.
How long we hold your information for
We only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary for the relevant activity, which may be to fulfil statutory obligations.
You have the right to request access to a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, along with information on what personal information we use, why we use it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and whether it has been used for any automated decision making. You can make a request for access free of charge. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, or to make a complaint, please contact us by post or email using the contact details below. We will require evidence of your identity before providing you with any personal information.
- Right to withdraw consent:
If you have given us your consent to use personal information (for example, for marketing), you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right to object:
You can object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or if we are relying on legitimate interests.
- Right to rectify your information:
You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal information held about you.
- Right to be forgotten:
You can ask us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, you have withdrawn consent, or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it.
- Right to portability:
You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic form, so it can be easily transferred.
- Right to restriction:
You can ask us to restrict the personal information we use about you where you have asked for it to be erased or where you have objected to our use of it.
- Right to no automated-decision making:
Automated decision-making takes place when an electronic system uses personal information to make a decision without human intervention. You have the right not to be subject to automated decisions that will create legal effects or have a similar significant impact on you, unless you have given us your consent, it is necessary for a contract between you and us or is otherwise permitted by law. You also have certain rights to challenge decisions made about you. We do not currently carry out any automated decision-making.
If you have concerns about the way in which we have handled your personal information, we ask that you contact us in the first instance by post or email (to the contact details below). If you are still dissatisfied, you have the right to complain to the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner which oversees the protection of personal data in Guernsey. Alternatively, you may choose to contact the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner directly about your complaint, regardless of whether you have raised it with us first.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update the terms of this Notice at any time, so please do check it from time to time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us, by placing a prominent notice on our website, and through arrangements in our face-to-face services. By continuing to use our website or services, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
If you would like to lodge a complaint or exercise any of your rights set out above, you can contact us at:
Post: Data Subject Access Request, Take a Left Productions, 8 Bruce Lane, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 2LU
Phone: 07781 406 059
Guernsey Office of the Data Protection Commissioner: https://dataci.gg/contact-us
Where we rely on your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.